In the spirit of Sunday, I wanted to throw out some simple, quick, and healthy SNACK prep ideas for those that are like me, and want to think less during the week!
1) An easy thing you can do is buy large bag of any vegetables, & put them in snack bags for the week! For example, ill get grape tomatoes, baby carrots, bell peppers, and snap peas, and I will cut and bag them for the week. One bag may have some carrots and peppers, another will have tomatoes, snap peas, and peppers, etc. Its a great way to KNOW you're going to get veggies in, have them ready to go, have no reason to not choose something healthy, rather than processed! Plus, SO easy, and super inexpensive. Do the same thing with fruits!
2) I make hard boiled eggs every week! 2 hard boiled eggs are plenty. These are so easy to just have and take as we go!
3) Breakfast cups! SO fun and you can modify it however you would like! Mine typically have egg, peppers, spinach and sausage! I make a dozen or two in a cupcake pan, & have 1 or 2 for breakfast. (Pm me for recipe!) 4) Shakeology bites! I know I talk about shakeology a ton (SO GOOD FOR YOU! Even more so now that I know what our bodies need!) & these are fun, easy, and quick!! Mine typically have, honey, vegan chocolate shakeology, oats, nut butter (almond or peanut), mini dark chocolate chips, coconut, and cinnamon! I use these for snacks or breakfast with my coffee!
If you want the recipe, shoot me a PM!
5) Trail Mix! - Make your own, or buy some that isn't full of salt and M&M’s! Those ones are NOT good for you! Unsalted with 2 or more different nuts and dried fruit, should satisfy your sweet and salty cravings, without adding a ton of sodium or calories! High in fat, but good fat, and your body needs good fat! Make sure to stick to serving size, because it adds up quick! Again, put some in baggies and have them ready to go!
6) Lastly, I usually find a small container, and add about 2-3 tablespoons or almond butter or hummus and have it ready for my fruits! So ill cut up an apple, and grab a premade container of almond butter so that I don't lose focus and overeat my healthy fats, and its just ready! Do the same with hummus & veggies!