“1. Finding yourself is worth every sacrifice.
2. It will sink in one day that your parents can love you so much and still never understand you. So you take their love and treasure it, but learn how to be there for yourself and rely on no one else.
3. You will learn things about people you thought you knew that will forever change your relationship and how you see them and nothing will ever be the same again. It’s okay, you will go on without them.
4. The people who say that they will always be there for you will rarely be there for you.
5. There are high chances that someone out there loves you more deeply and fiercely than you can possibly imagine. (I would know. Because I’m the one doing the loving.
6. Love conquers all wars and demons.
7. You, and you alone, hold the power to write your story.
8. You have the power to erase people from your narrative and to erase yourself from theirs.
9. You always have a choice. Even when the choices are all unpleasant.
10. You are enough. You are enough. You are enough.
11. You will wake up at 4 a.m. someday and realize something that will change everything. (It happened me to once.)
12. You are going to take a shower one of these days and figure out how to do that math project you’ve been stuck on for days. (That also happened.)
13. All it takes is 10 seconds of insane courage and your life will be changed forever.
14. Nothing ever happens like you imagine it to. Nothing.
15. Write letters to your future self, she needs it.
16. Learn, as much as you can, because knowledge is power.” – writerlyswift // things they don’t tell you, lessons I’ve learned (via wordsnquotes)